- Erik M. Shapiro, Ph.D.
- Andrea Bozoki, M.D.
- Joseph Carlson, Ph.D.
- Assaf Gilad, Ph.D.
- Roger Haut, Ph.D.
- Jie Huang, Ph.D.
- Eric P. Kasten, Ph.D.
- Anna Moore, Ph.D.
- Ronald Meyer, Ph.D.
- Galit Pelled, Ph.D.
- Chunqi Qian, Ph.D.
- Jill Slade, Ph.D.
- Ping, Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Feng Wei, Ph.D.
- Robert Wiseman, Ph.D.
- David C. Zhu, Ph.D.
- Kurt R. Zinn, Ph.D.
Jill Slade, Ph.D.
Department of Radiology
846 Service Rd Rm 184
B.S.: Biology, Ohio University
M.A.: Exercise Physiology, University of Georgia
Ph.D.: Exercise Physiology, University of Georgia
Post-doc: Physiology and Radiology, Michigan State University
One main focus of my research is on the effects of statin medications on muscle function including muscle strength, muscle damage, and oxidative capacity using MRI to examine muscle size and muscle damage and MRS to examine phosphorus metabolites. A second major research interest is the influence of age and exercise on vascular function using MRI to examine microvascular function with fMRI, MRI CINE PC and ultrasound to examine blood flow in the leg artery and veins. My past research has included the effect of acute exercise and diet on brain activation and cognitive function, examining the role of central motor drive in muscle fatigue with fMRI, and evaluating bone marrow adiposity with IDEAL MRI imaging.
NIH (NIAMS) R21 Noninvasive assessment of skeletal muscle function with statins. (2008-2011)
NIH (NIA) R21 Noninvasive assessment of microvascular function in aging (2011-2013)
- Jill M. Slade, Lindsay M. Coe, Ron A. Meyer, Laura R. McCabe. Human bone marrow adiposity is linked with serum lipid levels not T1-diabetes. Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications. 2012;26(1)1:9.
- Jill M. Slade, Theodore F. Towse, Ved V. Gossain, and Ronald A. Meyer. Peripheral microvascular response to muscle contraction is unaltered by early diabetes, but decreases with age. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2011; 111(5):1361-71.
- Theodore F Towse, Jill M. Slade, Jeffrey A. Ambrose, Mark C. DeLano, and Ronald A. Meyer. Quantitative analysis of the postcontractile blood-oxygenation-level-dependent (BOLD) effect in skeletal muscle. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2011; 111(1):27-39.
- David C. Zhu, Rose T. Zacks, Jill M. Slade. Brain activation during interference resolution in young and older adults: An fMRI study. Neuroimage 2010; 50: 810-817.
- Sean C. Forbes, Anthony T. Paganini Jill M. Slade, Theodore F. Towse, and Ronald A. Meyer. Phosphocreatine recovery kinetics following low- and high- intensity exercise in human triceps surae and rat posterior hindlimb muscles. American Journal of Physiology. Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology 2009; 296(1):R161-70.