Feng Wei, Ph.D.
Department of Radiology
E Fee Hall
965 Fee Road Rm A414B
East Lansing, MI 48824
Ph.D.: Michigan State University; Doctoral research on ankle ligamentous injuries.
Postdoctoral Fellow: Kessler Foundation Research Center, West Orange, NJ; Research concentration on weight-bearing MRI of the knee with osteoarthritis.
Postdoctoral Associate: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL; Research concentration on the study of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders that are associated with abnormal control of posture and movement.
My current research interests focus on human musculoskeletal system modeling, post traumatic osteoarthritis, bone fracture, sports injury prevention and rehabilitation, pattern classification and recognition, imaging, lower extremity electromyography (EMG) in pathological gait, mechanotransduction in articular cartilage, and locomotor adaptation.
1. Wei F, Fong DTP, Chan KM, Haut RC. Estimation of ligament strains and joint moments in the ankle during a supination sprain injury. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, DOI:10.1080/10255842.2013.792809, 2013
2. Wei F, Post JM, Braman JE, Meyer EG, Powell JW, Haut RC. Eversion during external rotation of the human cadaver foot produces high ankle sprains. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 30(9):1423-1429, 2012
3. Wei F, Meyer EG, Braman JE, Powell JW, Haut RC. Rotational stiffness of football shoes influences talus motion during external rotation of the foot. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 134(4):041002, 2012
4. Wei F, Braman JE, Weaver BT, Haut RC. Determination of dynamic ankle ligament strains from a computational model driven by motion analysis based kinematic data. Journal of Biomechanics 44(15):2636-2641, 2011
5. Wei F, Hunley SC, Powell JW, Haut RC. Development and validation of a computational model to study the effect of foot constraint on ankle injury due to external rotation. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 39(2):756-765, 2011
6. Haut RC, Wei F. Biomechanical studies on patterns of cranial bone fracture using the immature porcine model. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, DOI:10.1115/1.4034430.
7. Wei F, Bucak SS Vollner JM, Fenton TW, Haut RC. Classification of prcine cranial fracture patterns using a fracture printing interface. Journal of Forensic Sciences. In Press.
8. Button KD, Wei F, Haut RC. Unlocking the talus by eversion limits medial ankle injury risk during external rotation. Journal of Biomechanics 48(13):3733-3736, 2015.