- Erik M. Shapiro, Ph.D.
- Adam Alessio, Ph.D.
- Andrea Bozoki, M.D.
- Joseph Carlson, Ph.D.
- Ming Chen, Ph.D.
- Assaf Gilad, Ph.D.
- Roger Haut, Ph.D.
- Jie Huang, Ph.D.
- Eric P. Kasten, Ph.D.
- Ronald Meyer, Ph.D.
- Anna Moore, Ph.D.
- Galit Pelled, Ph.D.
- Erich Petushek, Ph.D.
- Chunqi Qian, Ph.D.
- Lorenzo Sempere, Ph.D.
- Jill Slade, Ph.D.
- Ping, Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Feng Wei, Ph.D.
- Robert Wiseman, Ph.D.
- David C. Zhu, Ph.D.
- Kurt R. Zinn, Ph.D.
Ming Chen, Ph.D.
Department of Radiology
775 Woodlot Drive, Room 3114
East Lansing, MI 48824
B.S.: Materials Science, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
M.Phil: Physics, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
PhD: Biomedical Engineering, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, MA
Research Fellow: Center for Engineering in Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Superparamagnatic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONs) for medical imaging and targeted drug delivery
- The role of miRNAs in distant metastatic cancers
- CAR-T Cell therapy for solid tumors
List of awards:
- The 1st place winner of poster competition, the 14th NTC forum, 2006
- Director's Award, the 13th NTC forum, 2005
- Best TA of the year, Physics Department. 2003
- Nandula D. Wanasekara, Shouryadipta Ghosh, Ming Chen, Vijaya B. Chalivendra and Sankha Bhowmick. “Effect of Stiffness of Micron/sub-micron Electrospun Fibers in Cell Seeding” Journal of Biomedical Material Research, Part A, Vol.103(7), 2015, p2289-2299.
- Hans Laufer, Ming Chen, Bryan Baclaski, James Bobbitt, James Stuart, Yuegang Zuo, Molly Jacobs. “Multiple Factors in Marine Environments Affecting Lobster Survival, Development and Growth with Emphasis on Alkylphenols: A Perspective” Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, Vol.70(11), 2013, p1588-1600.
- Hans Laufer, Ming Chen, Michael Johnson, Neslihan Demir, James Bobbitt. “The Effect of Alkyphenols on Lobster Shell Hardening” Journal of Shellfish Research, Vol.31(2), 2012, p555-562.
- Molly Jacobs, Hans Laufer, James Stuart, Ming Chen, Xuejun Pan. “Endocrine Disrupting Alkylphenols are Widespread in the Blood of Lobsters from Southern New England and Adjacent Offshore Areas” Journal of Shellfish Research, Vol.31(2), 2012, p563-571.
- Ming Chen, Melissa Przyborowski, Francois Berthiaume. “Stem Cells for Skin Tissue Engineering and Wound Healing” Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, Vol.37(4-5), 2009, p399-421
- Ming Chen, Heather Michaud, Sankha Bhowmick. “Controlled Vacuum Seeding as a Means to Generate Uniform Cellular Distribution in Electrospun Polycaprolactone (PCL) Scaffolds” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Vol.131 (7), 2009, p0745211-0745218.
- Ming Chen, Michael Lovett, Prabir Patra, David Kaplan, Sankha Bhowmick. “Effects of Electrospun Fiber Diameter and Surface Area on Time-dependent Changes in Cell Numbers” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Vol.(3), 2009, p269-279.
- Ming Chen, Prabir Patra, Steven Warner, Sankha Bhowmick. “Role of Fiber Diameter in Adhesion and Proliferation of NIH 3T3 Fibroblast on Electrospun Polycaprolactone Scaffolds” Tissue Engineering Vol.13(3), 2007, p579-587
- Poonam Borgaonkar, Sachin Sharma, Ming Chen, Sankha Bhowmick, Daniel F. Schmidt. “A Flexible Approach to the Preparation of Polymer Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering” Macromolecular Bioscience Vol.7(2), 2007, p201-207
- Ming Chen, Prabir Patra, Steven Warner, Sankha Bhowmick. “Optimization of Electrospinning Process Parameters for Tissue Engineering Scaffolds” Biophysical Reviews and Letters Vol.1(2), 2006, p153-178